Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great snack that your kids will love even with the veggies! Flavoured pastry would also be great with these if you can get it.
- 3 zucchini, grated
- 440 g corn kernels, well drained
- 1 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 4 slices rindless bacon, chopped
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 beaten eggs or 1 milk, for brushing
- salt & pepper
- Squeeze excess liquid out of zucchini.
- Combine zucchinis, corn, cheese, bacon & salt & pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Cut each sheet of pastry in half lengthwise. Spoon an even amount of zucchini mixture along the long edge of each piece of pastry.
- Roll up to complete enclose filling. Transfer to a foil-lined baking tray and mark segments approx 3cm apart with a sharp knife. Brush with egg or milk.
- Bake at 190 C for 15-20 mins or until puffed and golden. Cut into the segments as marked and serve.
I was very happy with these. I only had a sml 225gr corn kernels so I halved the recipe. I'd love to make these again and will add some grated carrot and onion to the filling recipe. Great standby recipe that quick and easy to make.