Veggie Spring Rolls
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup carrot
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 cup snow peas
- 8 -10 shallots
- 1 cup mushroom
- fresh grated ginger
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- white pepper
- egg roll wraps or spring roll wrappers
- Cut up all veggies into small pieces (thinly sliced).
- In large pan or wok heat up veg. oil and add mushrooms and ginger. After a minute, add rest of veggies. Cook for 2-3 minute
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Take a wrapper, use fingers to moisten the edge with water, lay the wrapper in a diamond shape and place veg mixture in middle.
- Fold up bottom, sides and then roll up to the top (use enough water to seal).
- I bake mine in a cake pan that has been greased with some oil spritzed on top, 400 degrees for 10-15 min (until brown), but you could steam or fry.
Join The Conversation
The filling was very good. I could not find spring roll wraps (small town living) and did not want egg roll wraps (I'm a vegan) so I tried to be creative and rolled these in Nori. Interesting. Still very flavorful especially with the plum sauce, but I can't wait until I can make these again with spring roll wraps! Thanks for a great recipe!<br/>Update: I found the spring roll wrappers and the spring rolls were exceptional! I made 15 fairly large ones. Eat some now - freeze some for later.
I used eggroll wraps, but did not get as many because I made them larger. Next time I will take Bergy's advice and use springroll wraps so they get a little crunchier when they bake.The filling was awesome. I did not have regular cabbage so I used bok choy. It worked out great (beautiful dark green color). We dipped them in S&S sauce and thai chili sauce. Very good and not greasy like the fried eggrolls.