Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These little babies are good! Don't let their cute size fool you, they've got some bite! Instead of using the dinner rolls, I used some frozen bread dough cut into 12 pieces and rolled into balls and baked while the hamburgers were cooking. From Down Home with the Neelys.
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 12 -15 small potato dinner rolls, split in 1/2
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Grilled onions: Preheat a flat top grill pan to high heat.
- Add sliced onion to grill pan and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mustard Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Burgers: In a medium bowl, mix ground beef, onion powder, salt and freshly ground pepper. Make burgers equal in size, about 2-inches across.
- Cook burgers on the flat top for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve on split rolls with grilled onions and mustard sauce.
We loved these little burgers. The grilled onions and mustard sauce add a goumet touch without a lot of extra work. I served these with lettuce and tomatoes as well.
These mini burgers were fun and very tastey!! Loved'em!! i didn't have a red onion so I used a regular yellow one, also didn't have potato dinner rolls, but did have whole wheat dinner rolls which worked out just fine. The mustard sauce was exceptional with a nice little bite. Just made half a recipe, we each ate two for supper and put two away for a snack. i will definately be making these again, we loved the grilled onion to which I added some chopped mushrooms, very good indeed!! Thanks for posting. July 10/09 made these again, this time added pico de gallo for a topping, very delish!!