Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
A tasty appetizer
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat (can use lump crabmeat,I use imaitaion because it is cheaper,and tastes fine!)
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg white
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Mix crabmeat,bread crumbs,1/4 cup of the mayonnaise,onion,3 teaspoons of the mustard,egg white,and hot pepper sauce in bowl.
- Form into 14 patties.
- Put cornflake crumbs on a sheet of wax paper.
- Dredge patties in crumbs,place on plate.
- Refrigerate,covered for about 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining mayonnaise and mustard,relish and dill in small bowl.
- Heat oil in large skillet or griddle.
- Add patties,a few at a time,cooking until crisp and golden (about 3 minutes) Turn and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- Serve with mayonniase mixture.