1/1 Photo of Mini Crab Cakes With Avocado Salsa
From the book "The Essential Fingerfood Cookbook" these sound especially tasty. Posted for safekeeping. NOTE: Prep time does NOT include 30 minute chill time.
My Private Note
crab ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 11 ounces canned crabmeat, drained
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped (see note)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/4 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- canola oil, for shallow frying
- 2 ripe roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, fine dice
- 1 large avocado, fine dice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chervil, leaves minced (can substitute parsley or tarragon )
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar (granulated sugar)
- 1Beat the eggs lightly in a bowl.
- 2Add the crab meat, spring onion, mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce and breadcrumbs and stir well.
- 3Season, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 4To make the avocado salsa, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, season with kosher sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, and toss gently to combine.
- 5Using wet hands, form the crab mixture into 20 small flat cakes.
- 6Heat about 1 1/4 inches oil in a large heavy-based pan and cook the crab cakes over medium heat for about 3 minutes each side, or until golden brown on both sides.
- 7Drain well on paper towels or brown paper, and serve immediately, with avocado salsa to spoon onto the top.
- 8NOTE: In America, what we term as the Spring onion has a slightly more and defined bulb and is typically larger than the slender and more delicate green onion (scallion). The flavor has more bite and is somewhat hotter.
- 9IN ADVANCE: the crab mixture can be made a day ahead, then covered and refrigerated. Prepare the salsa close to serving time.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Crab Cakes With Avocado Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 90.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce