Recipe by manushag
I got the original recipe from the back of Nestles Mini Chip package about 15 years ago...it is a delightfully decadent cake perfect for company. I usually make extra topping cause it's so yummy! Makes 24 muffins, if you prefer.
Top Review by Lori Anderson
The rich cake was awesome! The only nuts I had were peanuts so I used those in the topping and also switched peanut butter for the butter in the batter. It was definitely one I will make again!
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan with Pam and sprinkle with flour.
- Or make 24 muffins.
- Mix topping ingredients (first 5 ingredients), cutting in butter to small pieces the size of peas -- and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour alternately with sour cream beginning and ending with flour.
- Add mini chips.
- Pour into 13 x 9 pan and sprinkle topping over.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or 15 minutes for muffins. Do not overbake!