Simply Sensational Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe came from the back of the President's Choice chocolate chip package. They are soft and slightly chewy. Don't overbake them or they'll just be hard!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups oatmeal, blended to a fine powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, oatmeal, baking powder and baking soda together and slowly mix into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F/180°C for 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are my daughter's favourite cookies. We make them without blending the oatmeal and they turn out great every time. Because of the large amount of cookies this recipe makes, we either make half a batch or roll half the batch in to balls and freeze them to bake later. Also, the President's Choice chocolate chips are the best! I like to use butterscotch chips with the chocolate chips for an added decadence.Reply
I'm sorry but I can't go as far as to say these are sensational cookies. You definitely have to make sure they don't overbake as Sackville indicated. On the other hand my family thought they were good but they weren't hanging around the cookie jar as they do for others I bake. Honestly I'm pretty sure I won't be baking them again. I have another chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe that is much, much better - I'll research as to whether it's posted already - it came from an ancient copy of High Light magazine in the 1980s - if not found I will share because it so much better than this recipe.Reply
see 5 more