Recipe by Redsie
A great Canadian Living recipe that I adapted a bit to lighten it. Moist mini muffins with lots of dried cranberries.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, whisk together both flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs; stir in carrots, milk, yogurt and oil. Pour over dry ingredients; sprinkle with cranberries and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups, filling to top.
- Bake in centre of 350F oven until tops are firm to the touch, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes; transfer to rack and let cool.