Vegan Mini Carrot Cake Muffins
photo by Deyanira
- Ready In:
12 mini muffins
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup carrot (graded)
- 1⁄2 cup water (or crushed pineapple including juice)
- In a small bowl mix baking powder and applesauce into a foamy mixture, set aside.
- In large bowl mix flour, sugar baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; mix.
- Add oil, honey, carrots, water or pineapple (some of the juice might help), and applesauce mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add nuts, raisins, or dried cranberries if preferred.
- Scoop mixture into cupcake liners.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cooled, frost with icing (powered sugar, vegan Earth Balance butter, organic vanilla, and water).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!