Recipe by Sage
My friend Paulette gave me this gem for my Family Recipe Book;they always a hit. These tarts will be the talk of the party. And the best part; so easy!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Couldn't be easier to make and looked and tasted great. This is such a good idea for spur of the moment guests. I'll be keeping supplies for this on hand from now on. I had to use phillo cups as no tart shells to be found. You can sure use your imagination to change up the toppings based on what you have on hand.
- 12 miniature tart shells, frozen
- 1 (200 g) package brie cheese
- red pepper jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake shells according to package directions. Let cool.
- Divide cheese in 12 pieces of equal size. Place in cooked shells.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top each tart with 1 Tsp of red pepper jelly.
- Serve and enjoy!
- You might prefer to remove the rind off the cheese.
- Shells can be baked and stored in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Cranberry sauce is a good substitute for red pepper jelly.
- Ready to serve miniature croustades found at the Supermarket are ideal containers for these tarts and a wide range of other fillings. No baking required before filling.