Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
This is an adaptation of the chocolate microwave mug cake...
- 59.16 ml flour
- 59.16 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cocoa
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml milk, 2%
- 14.79 ml oil
- 29.58 ml applesauce
- 0.59 ml vanilla
- 44.37 ml mini chocolate chips
- 0.25 ml salt
- You need 1 large coffee mug (microwave safe).
- In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add egg, milk, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and salt. Mix again.
- Spray mug with cooking spray, and pour in the cake mixture.
- Microwave for approximately 3 minutes in a 1000 watt microwave.
- The cake will probably rise above the rim of the cup, but don't worry, it's ok!
- Allow to cool enough to eat.
- Makes one or two servings - depending on your chocolate needs!
I tried this once. It came out a little chewy. I used egg substitute instead of a whole egg. My microwave is 1200 watts so I set it for 2 1/2 minutes instead of three. I would try it again and use a whole egg and maybe only two minutes. It also was a little flat so maybe I didn't add enough salt. Its good for a quick chocolate fix without baking a whole cake.