Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups mincemeat, Bottled
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, Finely grated
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, Chopped or 3⁄4 cup almonds
- In a 4 cup glass measure or bowl, combine the mincemeat, brown sugar, butter, orange juice, rind and rum.
- Microwave at high for 3 minutes or until butter is melted and mixture is hot, stirring once.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon.
- Pour the mincemeat mixture over the dry ingredients along with beaten eggs and nuts; stir until batter is well combined.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart ring mold or souffle dish and line the bottom with parchment paper, grease the paper.
- If using souffle dish, invert a greased glass in the centre of dish.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared dish.
- Place an inverted dinner plate in the bottom of microwave and set the dish on the plate.
- Microwave at medium for 10 minutes.
- Rotate dish and microwave at high for 2 - 4 minutes more or until top is no longer moist.
- Let stand on counter top for 15 minutes.
- Run a knife around the outside of dish.
- Invert on to a serving plate and let cool completely.
- To serve, reheat pudding, uncovered at medium for 4 - 6 minutes or until warm.
- Accompany with Rum Eggnog Sauce.
Have had this recipe in my 'To Make' file for some time now, & only wish I'd made it much sooner, 'cause THIS IS ONE GREAT MINCEMEAT DESSERT! Several neighbors managed to get a taste of it, too, & all rated it a 10+, so . . . ! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Bargain Basement cooking game]