Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Putting this here for safe keeping.
Make and share this Minced Beef With Chilli, Garlic & Holy Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 small red chilies, finely sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar, shaved
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (or kecap manis)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 500 -600 g lean ground beef
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 holy basil leaves, torn
- 2 long red chilies, sliced on diagonal
- 3 green onions, sliced on diagonal
- steamed rice, to serve
- Heat oil in a wok (or large non-stick pan) and stirfry small chillies and garlic until they begin to colour.
- Add palm sugar, fish sauce, sweet soy and oyster sauce. Mix well and add minced beef. Gently cook until sealed, continually mashing with a wooden spoon.
- Then add lime leaves and ½ cup stock. Mix well and cook for another 10 minutes Taste for seasoning and add holy basil and long red chillies. Stir and cook until wilted.
- Sprinkle with spring onion and serve with steamed rice on the side.
Very simple and delicious! It tastes like a Thai version of keema. We served this with jasmine rice but thought it would be refreshing served in lettuce wraps as well. Thanks for posting!
This was wonderful. very simple to make and so flavorful. Like always i wrinkle my nose at the fish sauce and eat in amazement as the flavor changes completely when cooked. Spicy, sweet, fragrant dish
Yum! So easy, yet so delicious. I omitted the lime leaves, which I usually love, but just didn't want that labour for some reason. A great recipe, a keeper!