Recipe by Little Bee
I got this from a local Elementary PTA cookbook. Its really easy and tastes great in the summer with fresh Strawberries and whipped cream!
- 2 cups softened butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon (zest or juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325' Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add milk, flour, vanilla, and lemon.
- Mix well (do not beat or over mix or cake will be tough) Place mixture in a tube pan sprayed well with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 325' for 1 hour and 30 minutes.