Recipe by Member #610488
Local hometown residents, the Millers, offered this in the local paper and it turned out so good.
- 4 cups rhubarb, diced in very small pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (19 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix rhubarb with jell-o mixes and sugar. Coat well.
- Using a 9x13 inch glass pan, place the rhubarb mixture and spread out.
- Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the rhubarb mixture. Pour the water over the cake mixture and the butter over the water.
- NOTE: Don't worry if the layers make pools of liquid. It will all combine as it bakes.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until the cake is bubbly and the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool completely and enjoy. Refrigerate leftovers.