Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This cake takes a little bit of extra effort but it is worth it! If you like Milky Ways, you will like this :) It comes out looking and tasting like a "professional bakery" cake, but better.
- 8 (1 3/4 ounce) Milky Way bars
- 1 cup butter, softened (divided use)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 (2 5/8 ounce) Milky Way bars (or 3 fun size bars) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (optional)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- milk (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine candy bars and 1/2 cup butter in a saucepan; melt over low heat (or use microwave).
- Cream sugar with remaining butter.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir together flour and baking soda and add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture; beating until smooth.
- Add melted candy/butter and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt or tube pan and bake for 75 to 80 minutes.
- Cool and frost with Candy Frosting, if desired, or any frosting you prefer.
- Decorate with bite sized Milky Ways if you want to get fancy!
- Candy Frosting: Melt candy bars with butter in saucepan or microwave.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Blend in just enough milk to make spreading constistency (start with just a tablespoon or so).
This cake was such a special treat!!!! Yes, it took me some effort to make it but it was totally worth it! The flavor and texture were excellent!! Chocolatey, nutty, sweet and moist! Great for holidays! A side note - please make sure you grease your bundt pan with oil/butter/shortening then flour before you pour mixture in. This will help remove the cake from the pan easily after baking.
have never made this one . but from the look of the recipe it sounds like it is very tasty
I could hardly wait to make this cake after reviewing all of the 5 star reviews. Unfortunately, I found the cake to be dry and extremely sweet. I would not make this one again.