Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This syrup is what you add to a milkshake to give it that extra flavor so it doesn't just taste like liquid ice cream
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Bring everything to a full boil, except the vanilla extract, stir rapidly with a wood spoon.
- Remove from heat and mix in the vanilla.
- Chill until very cold in refrigerator, store in a covered glass jar.
- To make milkshake: Blend 6 scoops of ice cream with 1/4 cup syrup and very small amounts of whole milk or half and half.