Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very simple frosting that I always have the ingredients for.
- Put the butter in a saucepan and melt.
- After butter is melted, add sugar and milk.
- Stir constantly until boiling point is reached then let mixture boil for 10 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from burner and add vanilla.
- Beat until it reaches a good spreading consistincy.
I was so happy to find a frosting that didn't require many ingredients. BUT, I must have done something wrong, as this turned into a syrup, not frosting at all. It was a sticky mess and ruined my pan!
This was good. I think we may have over beat it though as it was very difficult to spread.
I did cut the recipe in half so it may have made the difference, but in the end, the sugar carmelized and I ended up with some tasty caramel hard candy. Not smooth frosting! Should it turn into frosting, before the browning starts to occur??