1 hr 20 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
From Baby Let's Eat! Makes a nice light dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons soy margarine or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 medium tomato, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped ham
- 5 large egg whites
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- 2Place the margarine or canola oil in a saucepan over med-high heat.
- 3Add the onion and cook until it is transparent, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add the flour and whisk until well blended.
- 5Whisk in the broth vigorously until all the flour lumps are gone.
- 6Bring the liquid to a boil and let it thicken slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 7Scrape this souffle base into a mixing bowl.
- 8Stir in the egg yolks and add the mustard, dill, tomato, carrot and ham. Mix together well.
- 9In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold a soft peak.
- 10Gently fold them into the base just until no white remains.
- 11Quickly but gently transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole.
- 12Bake in the oven until set, about 50 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milk Free Souffle
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.4
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 157.3 mg
- Sodium 242.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.4 g