Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Baby Let's Eat! Makes a nice light dinner.
Make and share this Milk Free Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons soy margarine or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 medium tomato, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped ham
- 5 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat a 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Place the margarine or canola oil in a saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it is transparent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and whisk until well blended.
- Whisk in the broth vigorously until all the flour lumps are gone.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and let it thicken slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape this souffle base into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the egg yolks and add the mustard, dill, tomato, carrot and ham. Mix together well.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold a soft peak.
- Gently fold them into the base just until no white remains.
- Quickly but gently transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole.
- Bake in the oven until set, about 50 minutes. Serve immediately.