Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From The Cereal Lover's Cookbook, this candy is really simple to make and tastes better than chocolate-covered cherries. The cooking time is actually chilling time.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, making sure the foil is tucked into the corners and that there is at least 1-inch overhanging the top of the pan on all sides.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter, whisking occasionally until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal and cherries.
- Spread the chocolate mixture across the bottom of the baking pan in an even layer with a spatula (it doesn't have to be perfect).
- Refrigerate until hardened, about 1 hour.
- Break into pieces.
- Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I made this with cocoa puffs by accident and it was a huge hit in my house. I usually like to make things that are "prettier" but this wasn't around long enough to look at!
I made this recipe with good quality dark chocolate (72%) and brought it to a church potluck. It was a huge hit! I doubled the recipe. Quick & easy.