Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Going through all of my old Taste of Home recipes and found this one by a reader in Missouri. This recipe has all the richness of a lime pie but uses low fat ingredients.
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sour cream, reduced fat
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 drops food coloring, green (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping, reduced fat and thawed
- 8 inches graham cracker crust, reduced fat
- In a bowl, combine the milk, sour cream, lime juice, and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into the crust and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. Preparation time does not include refrigeration time.
Deadly but delicious. I changed it to a lemon pie because I had a glut of lemons in the house, but otherwise kept it the same. Easy to make, hard to wait the 12 hours lol.
Delish, and if you like lowfat, you'll never know the difference. I mixed this up, but was unable to have a slice, for a couple of days. I never like the fact that these types of pies 'weep', but have yet to figure out a work around. This was piled high in the crust and looked and tasted lovely! Thanks for sharing a great pie, Nancy's Pantry!