Recipe by -Sylvie-
I love salmon and am always looking for different ways to have it. I came across this recipe in a cook book called 'Take 3 Cooks'. It's really simple and quickly made.
Top Review by Marlene.
This dish was a bit different than others I've tried but was very tasty. A tad on the rich side for us , with the cream , but like I said, still very tasty. It's a very quick meal to put together ,especially if you cheat like I did and buy the rice in a pouch that just needs heated up in the microwave ;) Easy to do and a very different taste for us! Thanks for posting!!
- 12 ounces wild rice, cooked and kept warm
- 1 lb salmon, skinned and de-boned,cut into bite-size chunks
- 1⁄4 pint double cream
- 1 bunch spring onion, chopped
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- parsley, chopped,to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the salmon pieces.
- In a skillet heat half the butter over gentle heat.
- Add the spring onions and fry until soft but not brown.
- Stir in the curry powder and fry for another minute.
- Add the cream and simmer on low heat for 2-4 minutes.
- In a second skillet heat the rest of the butter on a very gentle heat.
- Add the salomon and cook until it's done, time depends on size of chunks.
- You'll be able to tell from looking at the colour, approx 5-8 minutes.
- Mix the rice into the cream and onion mixture and stir well, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then add the salmon and mix gently until everything is heated through.
- Sprinkle the top with chopped parsley and serve.