Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Will freeze for up to 2 weeks
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless veal, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 small leeks, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- I plastic bag toss flour with pepper.
- Add veal and shake to coat.
- In large skillet heat oil over high heat and brown veal in batches.
- Transfer to bowl with slotted spoon.
- Add wine to pan, cook scraping up brown bits from the bottom of pan for 4 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, celery,carrots, leeks, onions, tomatoes, basil, thyme, italian seasoning and veal.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally for about 1 hour or until the veal is tender.
- Stir in parsley, salt, lemon rind and lemon juice.