1/1 Photo of Milanesas (Breaded Sirloin)
This recipe is from Taste of Home submitted by a lady raised in Argentina. It is delicious, if it isn't over cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 3 tablespoons romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1/4 inch slices (1-1/2" thick)
- oil (for frying)
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- lemon wedge
- 1In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and milk.
- 2In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3Dip steak in egg mixture, then coat with the crumb mixture.
- 4In a large skillet, heat 1/2" of oil.
- 5Brown steak over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (keep in mind that the longer it is cooked, the tougher it gets).
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7Transfer to a baking sheet.
- 8Top beef with tomato, then cheese slices.
- 9Broil 4" from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 10Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Milanesas (Breaded Sirloin)
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 140.9 mg
- Sodium 635.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 36.8 g