Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love salmon and here is another great recipe for it. I sometimes like to put the salmon under the broiler for a minute once I put on the glaze. It caramelizes it a bit which is so yummy.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skin removed
- toasted sesame seeds (to garnish)
- green onion, chopped for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lime juice, water and mustard.
- In a small non-stick skillet, heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and cook salmon 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden and just cooked through.
- Transfer salmon to 4 plates. Add honey mixture to skillet and simmer stirring occasionally, until it reaches a glaze-like consistency.
- Pour glaze over salmon and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
Loved this recipe. Made it twice and it was a hit both times. I served it with rice cooked with ginger and coconut milk and they were perfect for each other.My 87 year old mom loves it too!
This was so delicious. Very simple to make too. I added some ginger.
I really enjoyed this. It was very simple to prepare. I fried the fish in a cast iron skillet for about 1 minute on each side, then I poured the glaze on the fish in the skillet and placed the whole thing under the broiler. I basted the fish with the sauce every minute or so and broiled for about 5 minutes. I think next time I would use more honey and less soy sauce. The dijon gives just a nice hint, and complements the sweetness. Overall, very good. Thanks for the recipe.