Recipe by imaphilosopher
This recipe comes from the Crock-Pot Slow-Cooker Cookbook. It is found in the "International Sensations" section.
Top Review by Erica_hg11
I have the cookbook this came from and this is one of my favorite and most frequent dishes from it! Beef + cinnamon sounds kind of weird, but everyone I have made this for just loves it. And the smell is heavenly.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 680.38 g boneless beef roast, chunks cut into 1 in. pieces
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes
- 170.09 g green beans
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 7.39 ml sugar
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and cook, stirring frequently, until browned on all sides. Transfer to Crock-Pot cooker with 1 tablespoon olive oil drizzled on top.
- Stir in tomatoes, green beans, onions, cinnamon, allspice, sugar, and any other seasonings you desire. Cover. Cook on LOW 8 HOURS or HIGH 4 HOURS.
- Uncover, let stand for 15 minutes for flavors to absorb.
- Serve with either basmati rice, or couscous.