Recipe by imaphilosopher
This recipe comes from the Crock-Pot Slow-Cooker Cookbook. It is found in the "International Sensations" section.
Top Review by Erica_hg11
I have the cookbook this came from and this is one of my favorite and most frequent dishes from it! Beef + cinnamon sounds kind of weird, but everyone I have made this for just loves it. And the smell is heavenly.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef roast, chunks cut into 1 in. pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces green beans
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and cook, stirring frequently, until browned on all sides. Transfer to Crock-Pot cooker with 1 tablespoon olive oil drizzled on top.
- Stir in tomatoes, green beans, onions, cinnamon, allspice, sugar, and any other seasonings you desire. Cover. Cook on LOW 8 HOURS or HIGH 4 HOURS.
- Uncover, let stand for 15 minutes for flavors to absorb.
- Serve with either basmati rice, or couscous.