Prep 2 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is so easy and quick, but the salmon is perfectly cooked and seasoned. With a bag salad and French bread, a great home cooked dinner is on the table in minutes. A great recipe with fresh salmon from the great West U.S. region.
- 4 individually packaged frozen salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick by 1 1/2-inch wide by 4-inch long)
- lemon pepper seasoning
- butter or margarine
- Thaw filet in refrigerator for several hours, or immerse package in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Place filet in small microwave casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Top with butter or margarine.
- Cover casserole and place in microwave.
- Cook on High for 3- 4 minutes.
- Repeat for remaining filets.
I always cook my salmon this way, but I put them in ziplock bags and poke holes thoughout. I can usually cook about 3 in one bag for about the same amount of time, depending on the thickness. Awesome way to cook salmon.
A heart healthy dinner in only minutes. This was reduced to 2 servings and Smart Balance margarine used. The salmon was perfect in 3 minutes. Served with Fresh Spinach and Couscous Salad/Feta Cheese. Made for Diabetic Forum *Heart Healthy Tag*
Fast and wonderful way to "bake" salmon. Since I didn't have lemon pepper, I used 1/2 small lemon about 1/4 tsp black pepper, and added 1 clove pressed garlic and about 1tsp olive oil. I let the 3/4 lb. filet sit for about 30minutes in this "marinade", then microwaved it (covered as suggested) for about 3 minutes. I made sure the narrow/thinner filet portion was centered and the thicker wider portion of the filet was on the outer diameter of the "circular" rotating microwave tray so that they would be done at the same time. It was 110 degrees today where I live, so it was wonderul finding this salmon microwave recipe to avoid using the oven. Thank you for a simple delicious recipe.