Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fruity microwave jam; quick and easy.
Make and share this Microwave Plum-Orange Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Pit plums but do not peel.
- Coarsely chop.
- Place in a 16-cup microwave-safe dish; stir in orange peel, sugar and lemon juice.
- Stir well.
- Microwave, uncovered, on High for about 15 minutes, until mixture comes to a full roiling boil and boils for 1 minute.
- Stir well 3 times during cooking.
- Immediately stir in pectin.
- Skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Continue stirring often and skimming off foam for 10 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
WOW! What a combination! I must admit I used my own plum jam recipe and just added grated orange rind, but I thought I should give the credit of the flavour combination where it was due! Thanks from New Zealand Lennie!
WOW, this was such an easy recipe but what I am so empressed with is how wonderful the orange taste fits in Thanks LOVE IT !
I can't believe I forgot to review this. This is WONDERFUL! Now, I must admit that I did not make this as a microwave recipe. Instead, I altered it to the stove top method that comes with the bottle of pectin. I still went with the measurements that are included here. This is my new favourite jam! Perfect! I can't wait to make this again next year! Thank you SO much for posting!