Recipe by CountryLady
This recipe from my microwave cookbook is so easy & so good that my husband & grandson make it often. Its a kind of male bonding in the kitchen!!
Top Review by ladypit
Very nice. Mine took a little over 10 minutes in the microwave. For my taste there were too many peanuts for the amount of brittle. Next time I'll reduce to 1 cup and see if that is better. But the flavor is good and it was certainly easy. I did realize, after I had made it, eaten it, and reviewed it, that I in fact left out a step. I didn't add the butter and baking soda after it had cooked in the microwave. And without that, it still tasted really good! So even without some of the ingredients it is quite good.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 dash salt
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup shelled raw peanuts
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAVILY grease a baking sheet.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup& salt in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Microwave at HIGH until light brown (8 10 minutes), stirring once or twice.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until light& foaming& spread as thinly as possible on baking sheet for brittle candy.
- Cool& break into pieces.