Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my family's favorite lasagna. From an old Amana Radarange book.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ricotta cheese, part skim
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Place beef and garlic in 2 quart casserole. Cook, covered on full power 4 to 5 1/2 minutes. Stir 1/2 way through time. Drain.
- Add next 8 ingredients. Cook covered full power 6 to 8 minutes until boiling. Stir 1/2 way.
- Blend ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, egg, and parsley in small bowl.
- Layer 1/2 of noodles in 2 quart dish. Spread 1/2 of cheese mixture, 1/2 mozzarella, and 1/2 meat sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover loosely with saran wrap. Heat full power 13 to 16 minutes. Sprinkle top generously with parmesan.
this is great and worked out very well for us. I used whole wheat lasagna noodles but otherwise made as directed for a very good and tasty dinner. Thanks for sharing!
I can't believe such a classic oven dish turned out so well in the microwave. I used ground veal, my own tomato sauce, fresh basil, a mix of ricotta & cottage cheese, and fresh sheets of lasagna. It's easy to prepare & the kitchen stays cool. Thanks for a great recipe.
Wow! I had some cottage cheese that I had to use. (Obviously I subbed it for the ricotta.) I also have a Pampered Chef deep covered baker that I wanted to try a new recipe with. Considering at 5:30 I had no clue what we were having for dinner... this was literally thrown together in minutes. (I even had to thaw frozen meat!.) Steamed some squash/zucchini for a side and added a wheat roll. Tastes like I slaved over it. Thank you! Will make this again for sure!