Recipe by Oolala
I am posting this for kids and anyone else! I haven't tried it but I'm saving it for cooler weather! From the Favorite Brands cookbook. See note at bottom for directions to make 1 cup. This recipe serves 4.
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
I have been wanting to just have some hot chocolate for so long now. You know the kind I mean, the kind you put all the ingredients together, the kind of hot chocolate you had as kid, so long ago. And, this is it! I just wanted to read the recipe, and make it as it states, not trying to add this and that. Oh this is so good, so tasty, a snowman would be happy as he could be to have a sip of this. I love, love the fact this is totally microwavable, and includes all the ingredients I was remembering, but it's right here, not complicated, just true hot chocolate. Thank you Oolala, for posting this dreamy version of the classic. Made for *My Three Chefs* Fall 2008.
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 dash salt
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, cocoa, salt, and hot water in a 1 quart microwave safe measuring cup.
- Microwave at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until boiling.
- Add milk, stir and microwave an additional 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- Stir in vanilla and blend well.
- * This serves 4 but for 1 cup, place 2 heaping teaspoons sugar with 1 heaping teaspoons cocoa and a tiny dash of salt in microwave safe mug. Add 2 teaspoons cold milk and stir until smooth. Fill cup more milk and microwave on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until hot. Stir to blend. There is no mention of vanilla here but it may be a typo. I would add a drop!