Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I obtained this recipe in a nutrition class I took.
- 2 1⁄4 cups oats (any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, of your choice or 1⁄2 cup a mixture nuts
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter (cut into pieces)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit, of your choice
- Combine all ingredients, except dried fruit, in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir;cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add dried fruit; mix well.
- Spread on large cookie sheet to cool.
- Store in air tight container.
Really delicious, just the cook time was WAY to much, the first time i made it, it completely burned the whole thing. The second time i did a little more than half the time it said, and it was perfect! Will definitely make this again. I love eating this with my vanilla yogurt as a healthy treat. The only reason I put 4 stars is because of the cook time being to much, but the rest is a five star sort of thing.
This is so good & easy! Watch the cooking times - my microwave is strong & I almost burned it. Used old-fashioned oats. Added flax & wheat bran. Pecans & walnuts. Really good. Thanks!
This was very good granola! I skipped the dried fruit & used rolled oats (I think rolled oats tend to soak up flavor better). I microwaved for about half the time as stated; didn't want to burn it! This cooled quickly & hardened up nicely; I broked it up with my fingers before storing. Oh, and I used chopped pecans (I had some leftover from a cinnamon pecans recipe & needed to use them up!) The granola browns quite a lot from the cinn but once it cools, it tastes great! Will use this in my yogurt as a treat! Thank u for sharing.