Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast and easy, if you don't tell that it's microwaved no one will know :-)
- 1⁄4 lb semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 cups milk, plus extra
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave 2-3 minutes on high, or until just melted.
- Stir in sugar and 4 cups milk until smooth.
- Cover and microwave 4-5 minutes on high.
- Whisk cornstarch and 2 Tbs.
- milk together in a bowl.
- Slowly whisk into chocolate mixture.
- Microwave 7-8 minutes on high, uncovered, stirring after 4 minutes.
- Combine eggs and egg yolks in a bowl.
- Beat to mix thoroughly.
- Slowly whisk about 1 cup of chocolate mixture into eggs.
- Slowly pour egg mixture back into pudding mixture, beating constantly.
- Microwave 30 seconds on high, uncovered, or until bubbles appear around the edges.
- Stir in vanilla and butter.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until chilled.