1/1 Photo of Microwave Chocolate Chip Bars
Chris from Kansas's Note:
I was surprised to find that I could make these bars in the microwave. This comes in handy during the summer when you don't want to heat up the house. The recipe is from Taste of Home magazine and is credited to Shirley Glaab.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- 2Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- 4Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and walnuts (if using).
- 5Spread into greased 8-inch square microwave-safe dish.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- 7Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5 minutes or until bars test done, rotating a quarter turn each minute.
- 8Cool before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Chocolate Chip Bars
Serving Size: 1 (733 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 80.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g