Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Microwave Bread and Butter Pickles (Sugar Free) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 small sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine all ingredients. (Pour vinegar over last).
- Microwave uncovered on high for 4 minutes. Stir.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes longer, until bubbly and cucumber and onions are crisp-tender.
- Cover with Plastic wrap.
- Cool on a rack.
- When cool, put in refrigerator and let sit overnight. (Garden cucumbers without wax are best).
Wonderful way to do this and sugar-free, too!
This was a really easy way to make bread and butter pickles for my mom who is on a diet that restricts sugar. I doubled this to make them last longer :). I found that they were tarter than normal bread and butter pickles, so I probably could have use one cup of splenda if I wanted. Thanks for this bread and butter pickle recipe that doesn't have any sugar! Made for Fall PAC 2008.