Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this a while ago and it is very good. I found the recipe in an old Betty Crocker book.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 nine inch flour tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Crumble ground beef into 2 quart casserole; add onion. Cover loosley and microwave on high 3 min.; stir.
- Cover and microwave until meat is firm, 2-3mins. Stir to break up meat; drain.
- Stir in cheese, sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover and reserve.
- Wrap 4 tortillas in damp cloth and microwave on high until softened, about 45 sec. Keep tortillas covered while working with the filling.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup filling in center of tortilla. Fold up.
- Place seam side down in oblong baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Prepare enchilada sauce.
- Enchilada Sauce:.
- Mix all ingredients, cover tightly and microwave on high to boiling, 4-6 min.; stir.
- Pour sauce over tortillas. Cover loosley and microwave on high until filling is hot, 7-9 minute.
- Garnish with shredded cheese. Enjoy!
My son who does not like enchiladas, really like these. My mom and son were fighting for the last one.