- 6 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese (Colby and Monterey Jack works well also, half of standard 12 oz bag)
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (half of standard 12 oz bag)
- 15 1⁄2 ounces salsa (mild, medium or however you like it)
- 2 cups cooked rice (plain or Mexican) (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 lb flour tortilla (10 count bag)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook rice as per directions and set aside.
- Mix up cheeses and split in half - place one of the halves in large mixing bowl.
- Fry up ground beef in large skilled with onion and garlic powder - drain.
- Add water and taco seasoning - heat to boil.
- Reduce and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Mix ground beef and rice into the large mixing bowl with cheese.
- Add 1 cup of salsa into the meat mixture and stir.
- Take large casserole dish and spread 1/2 cup salsa on the bottom.
- Fill each tortilla with 3-4 tablespoons of meat mixture (if you omitted rice stay more towards 2-3).
- Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in casserole dish.
- Put remaining salsa (whatever amount you prefer) on top of tortillas and top with reserved cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cheese on top is melted.