Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hearty and Spicy Veggie Soup
- 3 quarts of prepared beef stock (out of cooked neat or prepared with instant granules.)
- 2 tablespoons shredded onions
- 2 fresh carrots, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 mirliton, skinned and sliced (chayote)
- 1⁄2 cauliflower, heads separated in florets
- 2 ears corn, cut of in 4 or 5 thick slices
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro
- 1 parsley sprig
- 2 pasilla chiles, seeded and thinly julienned
- 1 sliced avocado
- pepper (optional)
- Cook the vegetables in the prepared beef stock along with the parsley and cilantro.
- Check seasoning and if necessary add more salt and the pepper.
- Just before serving garnish with the julienned chile and the avocado.