Mexican Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Ready In:
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, drained,pitted and chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice (any kind you like)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (your choice)
- Put the chicken broth, onion, green and red peppers, into a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and heat through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Obviously your friend who is serving this recipe of yours in his restaurant knows a good soup when he tastes it! Great soup and one I'll be repeating. Although I love olives I only added about a quarter of a cup. Loved the red pepper flakes and passed the hot sauce at the table. This family of soup lovers thank you Key Wee for sharing your recipe. I have added it to my soup collection.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Can't believe I've been a member here for 18 years! It's changed a lot since the old RecipeZaar days and maybe or maybe not for the better. It used to be a community and now it's just a tool. Sad, but life goes on. I have been in Kentucky for 12 years now and enjoy the country lifestyle, along with master gardening. Recipes I've found here since Day One are still in my rotation. Don't entertain that much anymore, so finding new and exciting foods is no longer center stage. Just glad to have so many good recipes to fall back on because eating out is expensive and sometimes too far to drive.