Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Twice baked potatoes with a nice little kick!
Make and share this Mexican Twice Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus
- shredded cheddar cheese, to top with
- onion salt
- chili powder
- Bake potatoes at 400 for 50-60 minutes, or until soft.
- Take out of oven and let cool a little. Once cool, cut them in half legnth wise and scoop out meat from potato skin.
- Place potato meat in bowl along with butter, salsa, sour cream, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in the cheddar cheese, and place potato mixture back into potato skins.
- Sprinkle with cheese on top and bake in oven for another 20 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Sprinkle with onion salt and chili powder, to taste (we put alot on).
I liked these, but my husband loved them. I made a batch and froze them to have on hand. To re-heat, I baked them in foil at 350 for about 40 mins. Thanks for sharing this flavorful and easy recipe.
We made these one night when we were having company over. Everyone loved them (even the kids!). Definitely one to make again!
Sorry, but we did not like this. Not very flavorful, and the tomatoes in the salsa turned the potatoes pink (which didn't go over well with my guys).