Top Review by chutneyluv
I've made this cake twice. It's so delicious and you can't get enough. I baked the cake for 45 mins. at 325 degrees in a 7.5"x12" Pyrex pan and it was perfect. After baking, I poked holes all over the cake with a fork so the liquid would soak in. I substituted 1 TBSP vanilla for the rum.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream 1 cup of sugar and the butter until well blended.
- Add the eggs and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and beat until foamy.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture, gently mixing until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into a lightly greased square cake pan and bake in a preheated oven (350°F) for 30 minutes; allow cake to cool.
- Whisk the condensed milk, evaporated milk, milk and rum together until well blended.
- Pour mixture over the cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Whisk the heavy cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add 1 teaspoon sugar and vanilla extract, and continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
- Spread this cream over the top and sides of the cake.
- Cut into squares.