This recipe is posted for Zaar World Tour 2005/Mexico. Found on Sara's Secrets recipes/Food Network. Times are estimated and do not include marinating chicken.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 4 soft rolls
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 20 thin slices
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into 16 thin slices
- 8 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine marinade ingredients add chicken breasts 2 to 24 hours.
- Grill chicken breasts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the mayonnaise and chipotle chiles in a food processor and blend until smooth. Generously spread the cut sides of the rolls with the chipotle mayonnaise. Cover the bottom half of each roll with 1 thinly sliced chicken breast, overlapping the slices. Top each portion of chicken with 5 slices of tomato and 4 slices of avocado. Cover with 2 slices of cheese.
- Place assembled sandwiches open faced on a sheet pan and bake until cheese is melted, about 8 minutes. Cover the sandwiches, slice in half and serve immediately.