Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One of my other "experiments" when I wanted meatballs and my son wanted Mexican. I hope you like it. Cooking time doesn't include rice. If you want, you could just use the meatballs as an appetizer.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper (optional)
- enough oil to fry meatballs
- 16 ounces salsa
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups Mexican blend cheese (optional) or 3 cups taco blend cheese (optional)
- Mix together beef, taco seasoning, onion, green pepper, and bread crumbs.
- Lightly form into 1/2-inch balls.
- In medium-sized skillet over medium heat, lightly brown meatballs in oil.
- Drain and return to skillet. Add salsa and simmer until salsa is warm and meatballs are heated through.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with cheese if desired.