- 1⁄2 lb beef flank steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1⁄2 medium onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut Beef steak into 1/8 thick strips.
- combine oil, cumin, oregano, and garlic;reserve half.
- Heat half the seasoned oil in large nonstick skillet over med-hi heat.
- add bell pepper, onion, and jalepeno pepper;stir fry 2-3 min until crisp-tender.
- remove and reserve In same skillet stir fry beef strips (1/2 at a time) in remaining oil 1-2 min.
- Return vegetables to skillet and heat through.
- Serve beef mixture over brown rice.