Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
Excellent way of preparing thin round steak, was initially published in the food section of "San Antonio Express-News".
- 1 -2 lb round steak, cut no more than 1/2 in. thick, tenderized
- 1 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups dried breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil, for frying
- limes or lemon wedge, for garnish
- Cut meat into 8 pieces. (Pound portions to tenderize if you didn't get the meat already tenderized.) Toss meat with lime or lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat eggs with water in bow. One at a time, dip steaks in flour, then in eggs, then in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet and fry as many steaks in a pan as you can cook without crowding. Steaks should be cooked through (about 4 min.), crisp and brown on both sides. Keep cooked steaks warm in 250 degree oven while cooking remaining steaks.
- Serve hot with lime or lemon wedges for garnish.
I've made milanesa before, but this recipe is the best. My family loved it.