Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this for a Mexican themed dinner party - it was a huge success! I served this as the appitizer with sour cream and tortilla chips, then enchilladas for the main course - YUM! Try with Turkey instead of beef for lower fat, or no meat for a vegetarian option!
- 3 cups small macaroni pasta (like shells or elbow)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 26 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Fry UNcooked noodles in butter until brown.
- Boil noodles according to package, drain.
- Fry hamburger, onion, corn and salt (to taste). Drain fat.
- Add tomato sauce, broth & water to Crock-Pot with hamburger mixture and noodles, warm on high for 2 hours, or low for 3-5 hours. ~OR~ Bring tomato sauce, broth & water to a boil, add hamburger mixture and noodles, turn heat down and simmer for 10-20 minutes until soupa is warmed through.
- Add cheese on top of soup when serving. Serve sour cream and tortillas on the side for dipping. ENJOY!