Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tired of the same old dinners? If your looking for something different for a change, try this recipe! I know you will like it!
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini noodles
- 1 lb sausage (cooked, drained of all grease and crumbled) or 1 lb ground beef (cooked, drained of all grease and crumbled)
- 1 large sweet onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning or 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) jarof pace thick & chunky salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) jar nacho cheese, dip (I use the Queso dip by Old El Paso)
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) or 1 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (optional)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Cook Pasta as directed, drain and set aside.
- Cook meat with the onions and then drain off all grease.
- Next add Taco spice, Lawrey's salt, Cayenne pepper or Bamm, Salt, Pepper, and Garlic to the cooked meat and mix well.
- To the meat mixture add the Salsa and the Cheese mixing well.
- Add noodles and pour into a large casserole dish.
- Top with Montery Jack Cheese and bake in a 350* preheated oven for 15- 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- We serve this with Mexican Cornbread and its Wonderful!
This was easy to put together and very tasty. I followed the recipe using a med. nacho cheese, my own homemade mild salsa and Country Bob's seasoning salt. The reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 is that it was to spicy for my taste. I added sour cream to my helping to tone it down. My DH loved it. Maybe next time I'll try just using Velvetta and see how that works. Thanks for the recipe I'm sure I'll be making it again.