Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
You will want crusty rolls with this dish to sop up the gravy. Try Mexican Bolillos Mexican Bolillos, Crusty Oval Rolls. They are perfect. Serve with a side salad and maybe some rice.
- 8 ounces mexican chorizo sausage or 8 ounces other smoked sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork back ribs, cut into 6 serving pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers or 2 tablespoons canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 small sweet green pepper, seeded and membrane removed,cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded,membrane removed & cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄3 cold water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or cheese of your own choice)
- 2 medium yellow onions, thinly sliced
- In a Dutch oven, brown the chorizo, onions& garlic.
- Drain any fat and add the ribs with the sausage.
- Stir in the undrained tomatoes, jalapeno peppers and oregano.
- Simmer covered for about an hour (ribs should be tender).
- Add zucchini and the sweet peppers simmer covered for about 8 minutes.
- Transfer ribs,& veggies to a platter and keep warm (use a slotted spoon).
- Skim off any fat& pour the juices into a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Add enough water so the juices measure 2 cups.
- Return juices to the pan.
- Mix the flour with the 1/3 cup cold water then stir into the pan juices.
- Cook until thickened, stir in the olives and cook 1 minute more.
- Spoon gravy over the meat& sprinkle with cheese Pass the remaining gravy.