Recipe by Happy Hippie
Another favorite I discovered in an old recipe book entitled "A Taste of Mexico." This is a much simplified recipe for a posole that is very good. Cook time does not include refrigeration time. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs pork, lean with bone
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 -8 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans hominy
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup green chili, diced
- 12 cups water (approximate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat on all sides in large skillet.
- Add onions; saute until golden brown.
- Add Add tomatoes, hominy and green chiles.
- Mix gently.
- Cover with water.
- Cook, covered over low heat for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Refrigerate ife possible.
- Skim fat from soup and discard.
- Remove meat and shred or cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Return to soup and reheat.
- Condiments: Chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, sliced lettuce, lemon, dried red peppers, tortillas.